Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Dress, Four Ways

I absolutely loved working on this project for New York Magazine's current Weddings issue. Four stylists were given this simple wedding gown to style in any creative way. I love the juxtaposition of high/low, simple/outlandish, leather and lace. My look is the biker chick (chic). Click on the image to see the details better. I paired our wonderful feather collar by Dana Michele with a leather tuxedo jacket -- it has tails!! Giant crystal stud Balenciaga earrings balance off the glam Untamed Petals sash. Gabriella New York helped us out with the shoes -- altogether a cool look, no?
One amazing part of the experience was working with the hair, makeup and model. As you can see, she is completely transformed in each look. The stylists whipped the model into shape in minutes and really captured the vibe I was looking for. Makes me think every bride should try out a bunch of looks for their big day...