Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Butterfly Cake

As a wedding planner, I have been seriously influenced by "everything Martha" for well over a decade. This holds true for many of my clients, too, who come to me clutching tear sheets from the magazine. Sometimes all they have to say is "do you remember that cover with the butterflies" and I know exactly what they're referring to. I see a lot of real weddings clearly modeled on images and ideas from the magazine, with varying degrees of success. An upcoming wedding client wants the butterfly cake shown on the cover here which I promised to deliver. When I saw Wedding Star where you can purchase butterfly kits that capture the spirit of the cover cake, I was delighted to find an easy resource to "get the look". What do you think?

I love the butterflies in shades of green, or any graduated hue!
What great execution!