Friday, August 12, 2011

DIY Churro Bar

One word. Awesome. I seriously cannot even describe how much I love this idea for a wedding. I grew up eating churros. They were literally a staple in my diet as a child. When I think of churros, visions of trips to Disneyland dance in my head. Oh, and incase you were wondering, Disneyland has the best churros ever. Hands down. At least that's what my 5 year old self tells me. When I stumbled upon this DIY Churro Bar, I raced over to the blog so I could post this. 

In a nutshell, here's how it was done: 

1. First, purchase pre-formed (uncooked) churros in bulk. A good place to check out is Costco.
2. Second, set up a toaster oven with directions on how to cook. Two minutes is ideal.


3. Next, set up a roll station with ideal "rolling" ingredients - things like cinnamon sugar, oreo's, nutmeg, etc... Cinnamon sugar is a must-have.


4. Finally, set up a dipping station with various toppings - things like chocolate sauce, caramel, and even ice cream. 

5. Oh, and don't forget direction cards too. You'll need to clue guests in on how to make their churros. Set everything up on a long banquet table, and you're good to go! 


Enjoy! 

Photos courtesy of Carly Taylor via A Subtle Revelry.