Friday, July 1, 2011

Big Apple, Big Week

Besides a celebrity wedding last weekend and our opening party on Monday I had the pleasure of attending the ISES (International Special Events Society) Awards Dinner for New York's Big Apple Awards this week. My friends Bentley Meeker and Jes Gordon were inducted as Legends and both proved that being incredibly cool and superbly professional and talented are not mutually exclusive. Congratulations!

I was also happy to be nominated for awards in three categories: Best Design Decor, Best Planner and Best Table Top Design.
I was delighted to win a crystal apple for Best Design for a project you can see in the upcoming WellWed magazine -- a sophisticated picnic in Tuxedo Park, New York.
More images from the shoot can be seen on Martha Stewart Wedding's blog, The Bride's Guide. Many thanks to Mel Barlow for her amazing ability to capture and enhance my work with pictures.